With global travel at a standstill, Chinese travelers are quenching their thirst for travel by remembering their favorite trips and dreaming of their next one.
To celebrate Chinese New Year 2021 we wanted to use the concept of “travel memories” to remind Chinese travelers that Peru cannot wait to welcome them back for their first international holiday.
Video has become the next best thing to travel, with China’s netizens spending an average of 60 minutes per day watching short videos online. On China’s version of TikTok, Douyin, there were 330 million viewers of travel content in 2020 alone.
Working with four KOLs, we created a series of 10 themed “KOL Talk Show” videos, featuring personal interviews of the KOLs sharing stories of their travels across Peru. We weaved the interviews into inspirational video content shot by our team in-destination in 2018 and 2019 to create an engaging visual diary of the KOLs’ happiest travel memories in Peru. We followed up each “Talk Show” with an engaging, informative “explainer” video to give practical travel tips related to the KOLs’ experiences.
The videos were rolled out on social platforms WeChat and Weibo, short video platforms Douyin and WeChat Channels, and travel platform Mafengwo.
To engage Peru’s fans, we also invited them to send in their own Peru travel memories in a supporting UGC contest and we released a series of special Alpaca WeChat stickers to celebrate Chinese New Year
– +7.5 million video playbacks across WeChat Channels, WeChat, Douyin and Weibo
– +50,000 engagements
– +300 images and videos sent in by Peru’s fans
– Full creative and content planning for the campaign
– On-site shooting of the KOL interviews in their homes
– Production of 10 “KOL Talk Shows” featuring personal interviews and inspirational video content from our two previous content creation trips to Peru
– Production of 10 follow-up “explainer” videos to give more travel trips on the KOL experiences
– Marketing on WeChat, WeChat Channels, Weibo and Douyin
Please click here to learn more about Dragon Trail’s video marketing and production services.